ShoutWiki Hub:Wiki Adoptions
If a wiki has no active stewards, admins or bureaucrats, we will give you the option to adopt the wiki. Adoption will grant the adopting user steward and admin rights on the wiki.
Criteria for adoption
- You must be the only active user on the wiki.
- If there is more than one active user on the wiki, you must discuss the adoption and who gets user rights with the other user(s) and link to the discussion.
- There must have been no active users making edits for the past 30 days.
- Note: Spambots and staff deleting spambot edits are exempt from these rules.
- The adopting user must not have adopted a wiki in the last 30 days.
- The adopting user must have made at least 100 constructive mainspace edits.
- The adopting user must have shown an obvious interest in the wiki's topic.
Adopting a wiki
To adopt a wiki, simply fill out the below details, formatting it in the same way:
Name of wiki
- Link to wiki: (Format like this: [[s:w:wiki subdomain|Name of the wiki]])
- Username on wiki:
- Link to your contributions page:
- Reason for adoption: ~~~~
ShoutWiki staff have the final decision over who adopts a wiki. Even if both the wiki and the user fulfill all the criteria listed above, ShoutWiki staff can refuse to give out user rights to the user at the staff member's discretion. If you fill in the adoption details incorrectly, ShoutWiki staff can refuse you any user rights.
- Premium. I wanna adopt this because there is no interest in the community of encyclopedists --Penarc (talk) 15:21, 19 October 2013 (UTC)
- I would like to adopt Omniverse Wiki. It forked from Wikia last August and has since been neglected and left to rot. --Golden Sweetie Belle (talk) 22:24, 4 July 2014 (UTC)
Off Topic Spinoffs
- Link to wiki: Off Topic Spinoffs
- Username on wiki: Rtcity
- Link to your contributions page: Here.
- Reason for adoption: even though the off topic spinoffs community already has a wiki at pokemonnation.shoutwiki, our wiki has always historically been hosted at offtopicspinoffs, and the only reason it has moved to pokemonnation is because the admin of offtopicspinoffs went rogue a long time ago, forcing us to move. now that he is gone from offtopicspinoffs, and the place is abandoned, i'd like to adopt the place and fix it back up into our main wiki
- Link to wiki: s:w:wikeverything
- Username on wiki: User:Stranger195
- Link to your contributions page: s:w:wikeverything:Special:Contributions/Stranger195
- Reason for adoption: I would like to be an admin on this wiki. I helped a lot, and I have interest in the topic. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Stranger195 (talk • contribs) 22:21, July 17, 2015. Please sign your posts with
- Link to wiki: Harry Potter
- Username on wiki: Percy
- Link to your contributions page: s:w:harrypotter:Special:Contributions/Percy
- Reason for adoption: I am cleaning up the wiki. I have formatted the missing infoboxes and currently emptying Category:Pages with broken file links. With user rights, I will have access to Help:Contents (customizing facilities) to complete the project.
- Link to wiki: Junawiki
- Username on wiki: --miki--
- Link to your contributions page: s:w:junat:Special:Contributions/--miki--
- Reason for adoption: The founder of wiki has quit, and the steward rights should be moved to me. The other admin has agreed to this. --miki-- (talk) 15:41, 21 March 2016 (UTC)
- Link to wiki: BZPB Wiki
- Username on wiki: Kon
- Link to your contributions page: s:w:bzpb:Special:Contributions/Kon
- Reason for adoption: The founder of the wiki is inactive; his last edit was eight months ago. Because we still talk on a regular basis, I have received his permission to take over the wiki. -Kon (talk) 08:53, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- Link to wiki: s:w:awa
- Username on wiki: Rock-O-Jello
- Link to your contributions page: s:w:awa/wiki/Special:Contributions/Rock-O-Jello
- Reason for adoption: All bureaucrats are inactive and Cienca All Poder is the only remaining admin and the wiki needs a major cleanup. Jello chitchat! 19:19, 24 November 2016 (UTC)
Webkinz Picture Guide
- Link to wiki: Webkinz Picture Guide
- Username on wiki: Loopy
- Link to your contributions page: s:w:webkinzpictureguide:Special:Contributions/Loopy
- Reason for adoption: The founder of this wiki hasn't made any contributions since July 2017 []. Aside from myself, the only active user of the wiki is DisneyPrincess, and she has said it's okay for me to adopt the wiki, as seen here: s:w:webkinzpictureguide:User_talk:Loopy I have shown the most interest in the wiki and have made the most wiki edits by far. In regards to the criteria, I have never adopted a wiki, and I've made 13,000 constructive edits. Please consider granting me ownership of this wiki so I can combat the horrible spam problem I am having. Thanks! :) s:w:webkinzpictureguide:User_talk:Loopy Loopy (talk) 17:29, 1 August 2018 (UTC)