Forum:Spam Filter picking up a site that isn't spam
I'm trying to add a link to a wesbite to my wiki but the spam filter won't let me. The website is: http://wiki.d-addicts(dot)com/ST
It keeps telling me this:
The text you wanted to save was blocked by the spam filter. This is probably caused by a link to a blacklisted external site. The following text is what triggered our spam filter: d-addicts(dot)com
- The definition of what is or isn't spam is always at least slightly subjective.
- That being said, a lot of the blacklisted entries actually come from Wikimedia's global spam blacklist, which we (re)use for the convenience; if something gets spammed on various Wikipedias and/or other Wikimedia projects (Wiktionaries etc.) there's a high probability that it indeed is spam. But as always, there's room for error, too.
- As an administrator you can override the spam blacklist. Create a page called MediaWiki:Spam-whitelist on your wiki with the following content:
- After saving the page, links to the blacklisted domain and/or any other subdomain under that domain shouldn't be blocked anymore on your wiki. --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 22:55, 14 January 2016 (UTC)
- Hello, same problem here. The syntax is here.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SpamBlacklist#Blacklist_syntax I give the link, because I didn't understand how to adapt it for another URL before reading the mediawiki page.
The syntax is \sitename\.com\b For instance.