Forum:CSS to work on as a base
Hello. So, I've created my wiki, but before I add any content, I want to change its look. I don't have that much experience with CSS, but I can do what I need if I work from a base. But I can't find the CSS for the vector skin, which is the one I'd be tweaking. I tried skins/vector/main.css but it does not have any content. Would it work if I just copy the CSS here from the hub's MediaWiki:Common.css? --Shenzai (talk) 01:05, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
- Please link to the wiki.
- Copy those links to your wiki to get to those pages on your wiki. Those links on the wiki I work on are found on the Main Page (in the "did you know" section):
- http://cannabis.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page --Timeshifter (talk) 21:15, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
- Well, I have been to common.css and vector.css already, but vector.css is always empty, there's nothing I can copy from there to use as a base. I'm not sure if what I'm looking for is even available, actually.
- So, I found this: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Gadget-site.css
- Can I use it? I might go try out a few things with it anyway. --Shenzai (talk) 20:21, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
- If you want a template for Vector customization, look at Wikisimpsons' Vector CSS. We also have Monobook and Monaco there under their respective pages. If you want to know the name of an element to customize, on some browsers (FireFox for instance) you can right click on an element and click "Inspect element" or something similar. This should give you the name of the CSS element then it just needs some kajigging to make it how you like. Need any help with customization, just ask me and I'll give you a hand. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 20:47, 13 January 2014 (UTC)