ShoutWiki Hub:Content Policy
ShoutWiki — express yourself and be heard!
(Redirected from Content Policy)Jump to navigation Jump to search
To allow users to browse ShoutWiki sites freely without distress or upset, and to keep in line with third-party service providers such as Google AdSense, ShoutWiki users should not publish or link to any of the following types of prohibited content. ShoutWiki users should take action to remove such content or report violations to a member of ShoutWiki staff privately.
- Pornography, adult or mature content
- Violent content
- Hate speech (including content that incites hatred or promotes violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status or sexual orientation/gender identity), harassment, bullying or similar content that advocates harm against an individual or group.
- Excessive profanity
- Hacking/cracking content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content
- Content that promotes, sells or advertises products obtained from endangered or threatened species.
- Sales of beer or spirits
- Sales of tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Sales of prescription drugs
- Sales of weapons or ammunition (e.g. firearms, firearm components, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Sales or distribution of coursework or student essays
- Content regarding programmes which compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites or reading emails
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others
- Sites that exist for the sole purpose of testing out a particular feature or function of the MediaWiki software.
- Google AdSense's prohibited content for detailed examples of content Google prohibits from ad serving sites. ShoutWiki uses services such as AdSense and therefore employs a similar policy.