Vacancies/General Product Developer
Is bug-smashing your game? Do you want to develop new tools to empower our wikis? Are you interested in keeping our code stable and helping us in software upgrades? If so, you just might be interested in the position of a General Product Developer.
General Product Developer reports to Lewis Cawte, the Chief Technical Officer.
General Product Developer is the person who smashes user-reported bugs and writes new tools, from simple JS gadgets to complicated cross-wiki tools and everything between! In more detail, your job will include:
- Working with users and other staff departments to create new tools to make life easier.
- Monitoring bugs and coming up with quick fixes until you can truly fix the issue.
- Working with the operations department to make code more efficient and tweaking code to keep our error logs free.
- Strong knowledge of the PHP programming language.
- Understanding of the MySQL database software.
- Familiar with the MediaWiki software and its codebase strongly preferred.
- Ability to use SVN and ability to use or willingness to learn to use Git.
- Design skill - developers with design capabilities help us keep ShoutWiki looking nice. Primarily we want working features, but good looking working features are a real plus!
- Experience as an editor of ShoutWiki and/or other MediaWiki sites.
- Knowledge of *NIX based operating systems.
If you're interested in this position, please e-mail sbojmoc.ikiwtuohs with "General Product Developer" as the subject. Tell us a bit about yourself and why you're interested in the position. We will happily read CV/resumes in .txt, .pdf and .doc (or equivalent LibreOffice/OpenOffice formats) if you attach them, and we appreciate links to portfolios, wikis you've edited and links to any of your previous work.