Welcome to My Talk Page. if you want to leave me a message just click here
Archived talk: 1
- There is currently a problem with the CreateAWiki Tool. It is being worked on and should be completed within the next couple of days. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 20:46, 15 May 2011 (UTC)
Why are you ignoring Madclaw posting my swearing on his userpage? Aren't you supposed to be a good staff member? In fact, why isn't Jack Phoenix or any other staff member removing it? If it's legal, then I'm gonna do the same thing on my userpage. --Silver Knight (talk) 00:40, 16 May 2011 (UTC)
- Silver, he is trying to provoke you into doing exactly that. Just ignore it. And yes, to a certain degree he is allowed to post things on his user page, he posted a quote, however I am not sure if that quote is entirely appropriate and I will look into it.
Also, I understand your frustration, but I do not like your questioning my competence as a ShoutWiki Staff member. --Jedimca0(talk) 10:18, 16 May 2011 (UTC)
- Why wasn't he blocked as well when I was blocked? Is he your friend? --Silver Knight (talk) 10:27, 16 May 2011 (UTC)
- I see no problem in quotes on people's userpages, unless they are offensive or used without the other persons consent. I would also like to strongly recommend not using my talk page as a forum of any kind... especially if all you two do is mud throwing. So take this elsewhere, preferably somewhere where I won't be forced to block the both of you. --Jedimca0(talk) 11:11, 16 May 2011 (UTC)
- @Madclaw If I was challenged, maybe you'd think I wouldn't know you have buddies there who can block me. Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
- @Jedimca0, I don't want to cause trouble at ShoutWiki, so I need to know if there's place where Madclaw and me don't have powers and buddies. --Silver Knight (talk) 11:17, 16 May 2011 (UTC)
- My suggestion would be that you two just ignore eachother, if you must, there is always IRC or email or any other from of communication. Now, I am going to archive this as my talk page is not a forum, and I will not have it used for mud throwing. Also, Madclaw is a friend of mine, but that does not mean he is above policy... he just knows the policies well enough to use them to his advantage. Now, this embarrassing little display of childishness will end with this post. You both have been warned. --Jedimca0(talk) 11:26, 16 May 2011 (UTC)
Why was Silver warned? He wasn't cursing or anything. Also, how can you allow madclaw to insult silver on his userpage? Just because you are friends with him does not mean that you can let him get away with things other users would not. (I don't mean to be rude here) --Hockeyben (talk) 23:33, 16 May 2011 (UTC)
- Both of them were using my talk page as a forum to throw mud at eachother, so I warned both of them. I do not know what they have against eachother, I have advised both of them to just ignore eachother, but if they want to continue fighting that is up to them. So I requested that they do it somewhere else. Also, Madclaw is not allowed anything more then any other user, I said I would look into it but then the above happened and I didn't get a chance to. So I have asked them to take their argument of ShoutWiki, cause the way it looks now they are both equally guilty. --Jedimca0(talk) 08:45, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
Will blocking him block me also? I didn't think you could have two accounts with identical usernames. Also, will shutting his account down shut down mine, too? Also, please perform a check-user on him. I wonder if he's one of the users I was talking with earlier. (Either madclaw, supergeeky1, or superninja) Hockeyben - Talk 19:25, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
- Another staff member has already globally blocked the account. So you are safe. --Jedimca0(talk) 19:32, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
- It wasn't me because I can still edit. Madclaw Talk 19:37, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
- Have you checked me for what? Oh, and my name ain't superninja. StarNinja99 (talk) 19:42, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you Ajr, unfortunately I was sleeping when all that was happening, but I see another staff member has cleaned up the vandalism there. --Jedimca0(talk) 14:18, 19 May 2011 (UTC)
Help Namespace Editor[edit source]
I'm interested in editing some of ShoutWiki's Help pages. I've started my own little "Mini tutorials" on my profile. Some of the pages in the Help namespace are not created and I'd be happy to do them. In the meantime, please feel free to view my mini tutorials on my profile and move them to the Help namespace if necessary.
Changing template/skin[edit source]
Having just set up a wiki (http://www.localgovpedia.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page) I foolishly chose a skin which I now want to change. I've managed to change it in my own preferences, but would like to change the default skin so new users or those without an account see the Monobook skin.
Any help would be very much appreciated!
- Hi Glenoxo, I've changed the default skin for your wiki from Cologne Blue to MonoBook. Happy editing! --Jack Phoenix (contact) 13:32, 26 September 2012 (UTC)
Embedding outside content[edit source]
I was wondering if there was a method or an extension to include iframe or script tags in wiki pages. I need to include an online form in a wiki page, given the form service's embedding code snippets. Is there anything I could do to embed it?
Also, is it possible to include images or complex formatting in the MonoBook sidebar?
Hello, I can say my opinion to the matter and may even be able to help.
OK, first you can report that as I think, wiki pages where you can put codes (remember I do not know if it's 100% true) are only mediawiki. Monobook not know if you can put in mediawiki, but created if, as may be created if the scrips included in mediawiki. Thanks in advance.--Libros (talk) 17:51, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
- As for including stuff in the Monobook sidebar, if you can do it with CSS I see no reason why you couldn't get it working in the sidebar.--Cook879 talk 22:26, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
Mass delete edits?[edit source]
Let's say someone spams my wiki and make something like 100 pointless edits. Is there a way to delete all of them in one go? oddguy 18:38, 22 September 2013 (UTC)
Hi, I'm not jedimac, but I can help you, the first thing is how far I have understood you can not and you have to delete them one by one, but if it is a yes (I do not know, just tell you what I looks to see if it could be useful), you need not tell jack, which is the most active member of the staff. Thanks in advance--Libros (talk) 17:09, 16 March 2014 (UTC)
- I'm guessing you got an answer to this from another source at the time, but Special:Nuke is a tool that allows admins to remove all the pages created by a user or IP address. As for edits made to existing pages, rollback is the best tool that comes to mind - just scroll through Special:RecentChanges and open the rollback link in a new tab - it will just show a confirmation screen so you can close these without looking at them.--Cook879 talk 22:24, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
Please apply my wiki logo[edit source]
The address is s:w:yeolsawiki.
I want to apply a logo to my wiki site [[File:Logosddd.png]]
—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Elwlsek1 (talk • contribs) 09:35, 16 November 2017 (UTC). Please sign your posts with