- Note: For more rapid response go to Forum:Community help and the help links in the sidebar.
- 1 Blog
- 2 Upgrade
- 3 Wiki creation
- 4 Protection
- 5 Quality database dumps and quality community forums
- 6 1.20
- 7 shout wiki
- 8 MediaWiki 1.22
- 9 Pay
- 10 1.24
- 11 1.25
- 12 Can't verified my email on the Phabricator
- 13 About my wiki
- 14 questio
Wanna adopt a wiki
Can't change logo
I created a good logo for my wiki, called Wiki.png. I uploaded it, but the wiki doesn't make it the logo, it just keeps the default logo. What can I do to use my logo? Please answer as soon as possible. Joona (talk) 13:53, 2 July 2015 (UTC) Gonna take a while, just keep on waiting. In fact, it possibly already changed now.--Odiswhips (talk) 20:34, 6 February 2019 (UTC)
Hey there, i created an account 2 hours ago and even Resend the notification mail again, but still nothing in my inbox. How long does it take to get an email to finally confirm my account?
Hi, I'm JaggerTheDog, why's there a age limit? Because, my friend has set up a wiki and he apologised that people below the age thirteen can not edit. Is it okay if I broke this rule? The wiki is just a wiki about speculative biology, thanks! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by JaggerTheDog (talk • contribs) 09:27, 3 December 2013. Please sign your posts with
- It's due to a United States federal law called Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, or just COPPA. Read the linked Wikipedia article for more info.
Hi there ShoutWiki. I am Shrev64, an active admin on the Sly Cooper Wiki. I got an email about a monaco skin for the wiki. It said for more info, click on the blog for the Shout Wiki about 2010. (it says at the top of every page "Monaco skin now available on ShoutWiki! For more information, see our blog post." I click on the "blog post" link, but it turns out it is broken. Can anyone please help? Thank you! 184.108.40.206 01:16, 4 January 2011 (UTC)Shrev64
- Google Translation: "How to create a wiki tell me"
- You will need to create an account first, then you can access the CreateWiki tool. — Lynton talk • email 01:55, 7 June 2011 (UTC)
- We have considered doing that, but won't for now because the spam isn't too difficult to manage and it helps us track the IPs across other wikis. We also don't want to impede usage of this page by new users who find their way here to ask questions. — Lynton talk • email 14:53, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
Quality database dumps and quality community forums
I may get fed up enough with Wikia someday to want to go through the stress and hassle of forking/moving to another wiki farm. Many other admins and bureaucrats are ready to fork now. But I would want a wiki farm with quality database dumps and quality community forums.
I don't see database dumps nor community forums mentioned on the Shoutwiki home page: shoutwiki.com. That is the first place I looked. Most people, in my opinion, will look there and no further. Both of those things are essential to safely move to another wiki farm.
I would never risk losing a wiki due to lack of my own backup via a database dump that any admin of the wiki could get at anytime. I don't know if the database dumps here at Shoutwiki cover everything or not. Or at least everything except the images. I don't know if the dumps are easily imported into other standard MediaWiki-based wiki farms. I don't even know is there is a standard MediaWiki database dump, and standard database import method. This is very important info considering that wiki farms come and go, or are down for long periods of time. Standard mediawiki-based wiki farms seem to be difficult beasts to maintain. I have no idea. I eventually found this here:
Help:Database download. It does not address most of these questions.
I know from experience at Wikia, Wikipedia, the Commons, other wikis, Meta, Strategy, Wikibooks, etc. that without quality centralized forums one can not solve problems fast.
I like the Wikia forums that are based on the DPLforum extension. It is listed here:
English Wikipedia Village Pumps are OK, too, though not as good as DPLforum on Wikia, or the subpage-based forums on Portuguese Wikipedia. See: this discussion and its subsections. --Timeshifter (talk) 21:37, 10 October 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Timeshifter,
- Stewards can get an instant database dump every week, which contains everything a standard database dump would include (a full list can be found here). As per the standard MediaWiki dump, media files are not included. (Note that for importing wikis we can use a script that will re-upload all the images from your previous host for you)
- As for highlighting this information, I'll be sure to update our features page, linked from the homepage twice, with this and any other new feature information. Thanks also for pointing out the incompleteness of
Help:Database download- I'll be sure to update it with more information tomorrow.
- As for forums, we have the DPLForum extension available on request. Admittedly this is not mentioned anywhere (to my knowledge). We used to have WikiForum as our main forum extension, but we've recently dropped support for it, hence the lack of forums on many wikis.
- It should be noted that providing an extension is not a security or resource issue, and it's compatible with ShoutWiki, we'll most likely be willing to enable it for you.
- Hope this answers all your questions,
- --Cook879 talk 22:07, 11 October 2012 (UTC)
- I am back. :) I had to look up what a steward is. Help:Group rights. I am a bureaucrat-admin on a Wikia wiki. On Wikia any logged-in user can go to Special:Statistics on any wiki and click a link to request a database dump for that wiki. A bot sets up download links for the large and small dumps for that wiki in around a day. I suggest doing it the same way on Shoutwiki. Then people would feel safer working on Shoutwiki. Because any user would know their work can be backed up regularly, and is portable. Without having to ask permission. I would back up once a month, and would not like having to bug someone once a month. A bot doing it prevents this problem.
- About forums. A local forum on my wiki would get very little action. I was talking about a central forum for all Shoutwiki wikis. As at the central forums and village pumps at Wikia, Wikipedia, Commons, etc..
- I would not think to look on the features page for info about importing a Wikia wiki. By the way, I see no info on that on the features page: ShoutWiki features.
- Cook879. You wrote: "for importing wikis we can use a script that will re-upload all the images from your previous host for you." That is good to know. I have all the images of interest backed up for my Wikia wiki. They are all named with the same name as on the wiki. Would the script know how to categorize them? I assume the database dumps include all the image page texts and categories. --Timeshifter (talk) 03:34, 16 November 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Timeshifter. Unfortunately due to the current method of database dumping it is not practical to allow any user to download a database dump.
- As for a ShoutWiki forum, we shall consider it for the future. Thanks for the input.
- Opps, I forgot to add it - it's there now!
- Yes, the file pages will be imported, with history and all, with a standard database dump, while our script will upload the files to the previous names.
- Best regards,--Cook879 talk 14:45, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
(unindent). As I now have a wiki on Shoutwiki I can point people to Special:Statistics on any wiki. On my wiki: Special:Statistics. See the bottom of the page. The steward (me) can initiate a new dump there. It is usually created immediately. Anybody can click the link to download the last dump. --Timeshifter (talk) 09:45, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi George, this Facebook post answers that.--Cook879 talk 10:19, 8 November 2012 (UTC)
Hi all, dont know if its the best place to comment, but I very much like this site and now a question, respondanla on my talk page, wikivisión (wiki which acted as administrator) has died its founder, died OLA K ASE (the founder I mentioned) because of a crash. MY question is how do I remove the powers, did not know he died until I was told but I suspected that since llevava time unedited. And as this dead lock I guess we should also globally to prevent the account is utilizaza by third parties. Regards and again, please respond on my talk page.Nacion del fuego100 (talk) 10:51, 25 July 2013 (UTC)
- No; using ShoutWiki is free. We have some optional paid features, such as the ad-free hosting plan, but all basic features are free to use and will remain so. --Jack Phoenix (Contact) 21:41, 19 December 2013 (UTC)
Can't verified my email on the Phabricator
About my wiki
I have a wiki called Toxic Fandoms and Hatedoms wiki: http://toxicfanhate.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
It neer gave me admin access when I made it and there is a vandal problem going on right now and I need admin access.
- You should probably email troppusmoc.ikiwtuohs. Admin rights not being given is a known problem, which is why CreateWiki is currently disabled. --miki-- (talk) 23:51, 3 December 2020 (UTC)
is this site even alive anymore 220.127.116.11