Extensions add features to MediaWiki or enhance existing features. See Special:Version for an automatic list of all extensions (special pages, parser hooks, media handlers and other extensions) installed on this wiki and info about their developers.
- AJAX based gadget to display the category structure of a wiki
- Contact form
- Contact form for users to contact the ShoutWiki staff
- Displays edit count of a user
- Newest Pages
- Shows the last X pages added to the wiki
These tools are available only to the ShoutWiki staff due to the high potential of abuse. Please contact us or email us at
troppusmoc.ikiwtuohs if you need a CheckUser performed or revisions hid from page history etc.
- Allows changing a revision's author
- Allows the staff to check a user's IP address and other information
- Easy global user rights administration
- Allows the staff to check a user's preferences
- A special page to view and edit the interwiki table
- AJAX Poll
- Adds polling capabilities through the
<references/>tags, for citations
<timeline>tag to create timelines
- Global CSS & JS
- Global CSS and JS that will be loaded for every wiki from a central wiki
- Allows client-side clickable image maps using
- Allow inclusion of predefined HTML forms
- Enhance parser with logical functions
- Display a random option from the given set
- Shared Newtalk
- Marks changes to talk pages across the wiki farm to notify the user in a centralized location
- Syntax Highlight
- Provides syntax highlighting by using GeSHi Highlighter
- RSS feed extension
- Displays an RSS feed on a wiki page
- Wiki Category Tag Cloud
- A category tag cloud
- Syntax to display hieroglyph
- Embeds videos from popular video services, such as YouTube, Archive.org and so on
Spam and blocking
- Simple captcha implementation
- Regex-based anti-spam tool
This is a list of MediaWiki extensions that are available upon request. Please contact us if you need one or more of these extensions installed on your wiki.
- Allows administrators set specific controls on actions by users, such as edits, and create automated reactions for certain behaviors
- Creates automatically numbered cross references on a wiki page, LaTeX style.
- Provides a syntax-highlighting code editor for site & user JS, CSS and Lua pages, integrating with advanced edit toolbar
- The CSS extension allows CSS stylesheets to be included in specific articles. The CSS can be another article, a file or can be rules defined directly within the parser-function.
- Universal reporting tool for MediaWiki wikis
- The Echo extension provides an in-wiki notification system that can be used by other extensions.
- Highly Automated Welcome Tool
- Welcomes new users after their first edit
- Interactive, annotated maps for your wiki
- The MassMessage extension allows a user to send a message to a list of pages via special page Special:MassMessage.
- The MultimediaViewer extension gives the user of a wiki a different interface for viewing full-size, or nearly full-size, images in their browser without extraneous page loads or confusing interstitial pages.
- The NumerAlpha extension methods of inserting incrementing numbers, letters, and roman numerals into pages.
- Adds a parser function to test if the current page is in some category
- Allows restricting editing to users with a certain e-mail address
- Provides per-namespace text preloading upon page creation
- Provides a random media picker using
- Semantic MediaWiki
- Allows users to add structured data to wiki pages through simple wikitext markup that identifies relations between pages and attribute values of pages.
- The Thanks extension allows users to thank other users for individual edits.
- A special page for viewing the list of users currently online
- Provides an extendable wikitext editing interface and many feature-providing modules
- Social Tools for MediaWiki. Includes user profiles, avatars, gifts, awards, friending and foeing and user levels.
<comments>parser hook that allows commenting on articles
- Allows users to submit all kinds of links for approval.
<randomfeatureduser>parser hook to display a randomly chosen 'featured' user and some info regarding the user, such as his or her avatar.
- The MediaWikiChat extension provides a lightweight chat client and server for MediaWiki, accessed through Special:Chat.
<randomimagebycategory>tag for displaying a randomly chosen image from a given category. Can be enabled on non-social wikis.
<randomuserswithavatars>tag for displaying the avatars of randomly chosen wiki users.
<welcomeUser>tag to display user-specific social info
<vote>tag. Can be enabled on non-social wikis.
- Two parser hooks,
<loggedout>to show different text depending on the users' login state. Can be enabled on non-social wikis.
- Allows a site administrator to temporarily block various site modifications
Requesting a new extension
To request a new feature to be added to ShoutWiki or to get an on-request feature activated for your wiki, please email us at
troppusmoc.ikiwtuohs or leave a message to a member of the Customer Support Team and they'll look onto it.
Please note that while we try in general to fulfill as many requests as possible, we cannot fulfill each and every of them; some extensions might be badly-coded and cause security leaks or then they might not be compatible with our cache.
- MediaWiki extensions list at MediaWiki.org, the home page of MediaWiki software